Tuesday 9 December 2008

CIRCUS

Life goes round and round in a circle. No kidding. And not just mine. Everyone's. Individually and collectively.

What has not happened before that is happening today. The economic meltdown, 'War on Terror' ('terror on terror'?), health crisis in africa and in general the sorry state of affairs any where in the world.

Why do people blame me alone for not learning from past mistakes? Who ever does? Have 'we' learnt from our past mistakes. If anything we make the same mistakes but at a grander scale. What's that about?

I am (or I make myself) immune to our collective mistakes as I desperately try to focus on my personal mistakes. In almost a masochist way. And the cynic in me leaves with me no hope, for me as individual or for the world as a whole.

So if people are saying this too shall NOT pass, I disagree. This too shall pass, as have the centuries before and will the centuries after.

One doesn't have to be fortune teller to see ourselves repeating all of this and expressing a sense of disbelief as though it never happened before our time or never will happen after our time.

The truth of the matter is it will, it sucks and none of us really care! We are all waiting for life to pass by and thats about it. I know I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well , well .. what can I say ! two things - things will pass - ur right .. they allways do .. so there is no reason why this time they wont !
I said two things , but lost my train of thought on the second point!

\-Shankar

Trials and Tribulations in a Nut Shell

Solitude Why its sometimes comfortable to be lonely and at other times too lonely to be comfortable Drinking Why its at times too ...